Sorry I didn't post this weekend, I've been busy finishing grading, finishing up Nanowrimo (with very expensive prizes) with my students, and trying to plan my Chinese New Year Vacation.Today it's Monday, and I'm throughly grumpy. Entirely out of sorts. Partially because I have less than two weeks to get my part of the Christmas show together and partially because of gifts.
Let me rant for a moment. I spent all the last two weeks doing my Christmas shopping, for my students, my co-teachers, my housemates, and my secret Santa. I had so much fun buying it all, and wrapping everything. Gifts ARE my love language. Now, I recognize that this is not true for others, and do not expect reciprocation to equal degree.
HOWEVER~ if you are in a foreign country for Christmas and you live and work and spent 95% of your life with 5 other women, you get them SOMETHING for Christmas. I do not care if you take a piece of printer paper, and draw a Christmas tree with markers. But you have to do something, or else I feel very rejected and unloved; which leads to a very grumpy Monday.
The three people this is directed towards don't read my blog, and the rest of you have no complusion to get me a present, I just needed a rant. Deep, calming breaths.
No comments:
Post a Comment