I’m in one of my ‘relax’ Saturday morning states. This goes very well with Norah Jones “sunrise” on the cd player, my second cup of Nescafe 3-in-1 instant coffee (an Asian invention? Do they have 3-in-1 in Canada? It’s a great idea). I’ve also got two small luxury items from Ikea, a new Christmas candle that smells wonderful (it’s called Kold and looks like snowflakes when you burn it, in case anyone needs a reason to run to Ikea!) and slippers just like my navy ones, only these ones are the softest, fuzziest, chenille / teddy bear material ever. I just cannot find words to express the wonderful feeling of these slippers. I was so excited about them, I took a picture. That’s my $4 teddy bear from Ikea on the right, my new slippers in the middle, and my fancy coffee mug on the left. Did I put a picture on before? It was a teacher’s day gift from one of my Grade 8 boys classes. It’s Noritake china with gold accents. I’m such a gift person that I just love using it, even though the Grade 8 boys are somewhat bratty. Their card said “To the best teacher from the best class” Yeah, right!
I’m sitting at the living room computer, watching a small colony of ants go in a little river, back and forth from the coffee table to the wall. This is mildly upsetting, but it’s not my job to clean the living room (actually my only chore is to take out the garbage, which I try to do when I’m in the apartment, but I’m out so much I never seem to do it. Hopefully my housemates won’t kick me out!) Anyway, the ants are miniscule, I really only notice them when there are tons, like in the living room. Nothing like the giant ants in our house on Ruth St. in Indiana, where they were so big they crunched when you killed them. (Ahh, found memories of that terribly-flawed house!) As long as the ants stay out of my room, I allow them to live in peace, and go about their food gathering tasks.
Anyway, I’ve found writing my novel fits right in with ‘relax’ mode. I was so excited to get up this morning and get started writing. (Good thing, too, because I didn’t have a spare moment to write on Friday). Chapter 3 is on the “Plucking Blackberries” site. One of my friends is starting her novel this weekend, and the other decided to fly off to another continent for awhile, which exempts her from her novel writing duties (living life, or writing about life? Hmmm) What about the rest of you? I want to be able to procrastinate by reading your novels!
No comments:
Post a Comment