Well, yesterday I spent 14 hours at school, with a half an hour break to go eat lunch, and fifteen minutes to get dinner to bring back to the office. I was quite ready to jump off a cliff. Today, my manageable headcold has turned into a fever/killer sore throat / fatigue sinus cold, and Thursdays are my "Grade 6 Gauntlet" (I hate my grade six classes, not personally, but as a collective.)
The reason for the long hours is that this week we are giving our section tests, and I made the stupid decision of giving them a writing assignment instead of a multiple choice test, so it's taking me about 2 hours to grade a classes assignments. At 18 classes, it's going to be a very full weekend.
But I have that adrenile rush I used to get during university finals week - it's the feeling of pushing yourself to the absolute limit, knowing that it will all be over on a set day, and everything will be okay again. For me that day is Wednesday, almost there. Until then, I'm fighting the tendency to curl up on the office floor and sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment