Quick Update:
1. My cough is worse, and I've been coughing so hard that now everytime I do, pain shoots through my head. Thank goodness for Advil Liqui-Gels.
2. My sunburn is much less painful - I could sleep on my side last night for the first time (although I still didn't sleep well because I kept coughing). Some of my skin is peeling, and some of it is all bubbly and blistery. Eew. I'd put a picture on, but it grosses me out so I doubt you'd want to see it. I was trying to think about how to describe what it looked like, when at lunch I looked down and realized - "my skin looks just like these french fries!" C. thought that was gross, but it's true.
3. Mental state - much better, for two reasons: first, we didn't have to sing today, they are going to wait till next week. So instead, C. and I made flashcards all day, one of the most fun parts of my job (don't worry, I'll leave some for you, K.)
Second, I was sitting down at the computer to fill in some time between finishing my flashcards and when S. is supposed to come for tutoring, and I was so tired and yucky feeling, I felt like I was going to start crying (remember tired = emotional). Then I opened up my email inbox and had the nicest letters from my two closest friends, and they made me cry in a good way! I'm soooo fortunate to have such incredible friends. For an introvert with relational problems (due to a case of identical twinship), I am so lucky that I found such great friends, I often feel unworthy. Thanks C. and H. for being so great! (That's actually rather ambigious because I have an abnormally large percentage of friends with a name starting with C., however this C. knows who she is!)
Finally, switching back from the "I'm so Lucky" mindset to the "Woe is Me" mindset, I'm in the middle of a 12 day work week. Seriously! This is made worse by the aforementioned illnesses and my evening tutoring sessions. We started with 4 days at FuHsing recording the dialogues and songs, then 5 days teaching a winter camp at another school called Wesley (the camp runs through the weekend), then the final 3 days back at Fu Hsing, finishing up all the songs we didn't do. However, there is a huge neon light glaring at the end of the tunnel, which is the promise of one fabulous vacation I have planned in Singapore and Malaysia. Only 8 more days to make it through.
1 comment:
Hi Carole, This is Elsa and your Mom. Elsa's first time on your blog. Won't it be great when she feels comfortable enough to do log in on her own. Sorry you're not feeling well. Get better really quick.
Post a Comment